How do I register and pay the $10 Registraton Fee online?
Click here to Register to Bowl and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process, including how to pay the $10 per bowler registration fee. This fee helps cover administrative costs, like bowling lane fees. Select your T-shirt size online. Everyone who registers by Sept. 13th and turns in pledges at the event will get a free BBBS of Mid-Maine T-shirt! Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage.
Do I need to personalize my page?
People who personalize their page to talk about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters raise a lot more money than those who do not. Share your story! It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words. Let us know how we can help!
I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) First, recruit 3 or 4 more people to join you on your team. No more than 5 people per team is recommended to enjoy one hour of bowling time.
2) REGISTER ONLINE as the Team Captain, choose your team name, preferred bowling hour, and select your own t-shirt size. Then have your teammates each REGISTER by selecting Join a Team. Here, they can select their t-shirt size (awarded when teams turn in pledges) and pay their $10 online registration fee. They can also set up a personal fundraising page to support your team!
3) Encourage team members to raise money to support local kids! There will be awards for top fundraising individuals and teams. Keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success!
4) Have Fun! Join us at the bowling center for music, prizes and a 50/50 raffle. Come celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on your community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any suggestions?
Raising funds online is the best way to fundraise for your team. Create and share your page on FaceBook, Twitter and other social media platforms. Work with your business to raise money! You could hold a bake sale, a dress-down day, bottle drive, paint nite, 50/50 drawing or other fundraiser. Get creative! Need more help? Let us know!
How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Sign in to your personal page to view donors and teammates.
Can friends and family make a donation to my page?
Yes. Making a donation online is fast, easy and safe! On the home page of the Bowl for Kids' Sake site, friends and family can locate you by clicking on the "Donate to a Bowler" button. By typing in your name, they will be directed to your personalized pledge page.
Can my sponsors pay by cash or check?
Sure! You can collect cash and checks (payable to BBBS Mid-Maine) and keep track of them on your pledge sheet. Be sure to bring all donations with your pledge sheet to the event to receive your BBBS of Mid-Maine T-shirt!
Where does the money raised from Bowl for Kids' Sake go?
100% of the money raised through Bowl for Kids' Sake stays local. We depend on the funds raised to carry out the work of carefully matching children with caring adult and teen mentors and providing ongoing support to the child, volunteer mentor and child's family. Check out the 'About Us' section for more information about how Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine is changing lives!
Why is the "Sponsor Bowler" search not finding a Bowler that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Bowler exactly how they entered it when they registered. Try using just the first few letters of someone's name if you're not sure how it's spelled. If you have a problem locating a bowler that you are sure has registered, please contact us.
How can I see who has donated to me?
Sign into your fundraising page. You can then view your donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
Why are some of my donors not showing up on my page?
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
Is my information secure?
We have made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.
What is the long website address in my confirmation receipt?
This website address will take you to your personal donation page. This address link is automatically included in any emails that are sent through the email center in event headquarters after you have logged into the website. You can also copy and paste this link into any other form of email.
Have a different question? Contact us!